I dare to be kindest to myself!
Acts of Kindness to Thy Self by Carole Fogarty:
20 Simple Acts Of Kindness To Get You Started:
1. Be kinder to your intuition. Too many times I hear people not trusting their gut feeling or intuition only to realize it when it’s too late. Be kind to your spiritual well being by trusting that little voice inside.
2. When your thinking feels over crowded be kind to your body by releasing the pressure from your head with a few gentle deep breathes, a stretch, child yoga pose or some potent hand yoga.
3. Be kinder to your stomach, digestion and get maximum nourishment out of all your meals by promising yourself to never eat whilst walking, standing up or doing something else at the same time.
4. Be kind to your largest organ - your skin. Treat your body to a daily body brush to improve the removal of waste from your body.
5. Treat yourself to a massage. You know you deserve it. Touch is one of the most healing and nurturing gestures you can offer your body. Be kind to your body.
6. Before rushing off in your car, sit quietly for 60 seconds, take a few deep breathes and ground yourself. Be kind to your thoughts and actions as you drive. Don’t get caught up in driving stress. Create breathing space between you, stress and the traffic before you leave your drive way.
7. Be kind to your ears. Turn off the noise. Let your ears hear the peaceful sound of silence. Switch off the man made sounds from your phones, TV and mobiles. Soothe your soul with peace.
8. Be kind to your nervous system. Stop rushing through your day on full throttle. Add pockets of “down time” to give your body a chance to unwind and de-stress. Create 2 mintues of “priority you” time every hour.
9. Be kind to your feet. When was the last time you thanked your feet and offered them some kindness with comfortable shoes, a relaxing foot bath or a fabulous pedicure.
10. Be kind to yourself. Monitor your thoughts and reduce the negative chit chat you may have about yourself. Grab yourself an affirmation to replace your negative conversation with “ I am happy healthy and whole” A Louise Hay affirmation.
11. Make your morning teas simple acts of kindness. Enjoy your cuppa or drink away from your desk, the phone or TV. Make sure you throw away that chipped mug and enjoy your cuppa from a mug or cup that you love to look at, touch and sip from.
12. Be kinder to your restful sleep. Rejuvenate the energy in your bedroom. Make sure your bedroom is not a multi purpose room. Calm and relax its energy.
13. Be kind to your appearance. Spend an extra 5 minutes making yourself feel better with what you wear, how your hair looks, your jewellery or your make up. You deserve to look and feel special, every day, no exceptions.
14. Be kind to your sense of smell. For me personally I love putting 4 drops of pure essential rose oil each morning on my face. The smell is nothing short of divine. Better still fill your home or office with smells that uplift your spirits.
15. Be kind to your hands and sense of touch: Show your hands how much you love and appreciate them. Treat them with a special hand cream. Massage the palm of your hands or place an eye pillow over them.
16. Be kind to your eyes. Don’t stare for hours at a screen, treat your eyes to natural light, circular movement or rest by closing them.
17. Be kind to your spine. Lie for 5 minutes on your yoga mat, eyes closed, arms relaxed and eye pillow on. Focus on your breathe and feel with each exhale your muscles unwind and relax.
18. Ground yourself by connecting with nature. When was the last time your feet weren’t standing on a floor, concrete, car park or shopping centre. Hug a tree, sit on the grass, let your bare feet touch the earth. Connecting to nature is a wonderful way to bring more kindness and well being back into your body.
19. Be kind to your body by moving it more. Go for a walk, enrol in a yoga or tai chi class, buy a push bike or dance when you clean your home
20. Be kind to yourself by inviting more play and fun into your life. Don’t take life too seriously. When was the last time you were spontaneous? When was the last time you ate ice cream or chocolate for breakfast?